Thanks so much for all your recipes and breakfast ideas! Here’s the original thread on reddit. I’ve tried to sort these into categories. If you have any more suggestions, leave them in the comments and I’ll add it to the post.
- baiser: I do a vegetable scramble for breakfast. I sautee some mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and sometimes spinach until tender and then I throw in 2 eggs until done. Sprinkle w/ low fat cheese & go to town! 😀
- Geekpacker: Chop 3 ounces of smoked, skin off bacon. Drop in frying pan on medium flame. Whisk together 4 large eggs. Whisk in a dash of sea salt, lots of pepper and a pinch of garlic powder. When the bacon is foaming, add a handful of chopped baby spinach. Stirfry the spinach until it turns a darker color of green, but don’t let it get completely limp. Once the spinach has turned a dark green, add the eggs to the pan and stir quickly with a spatula. It should take about 2 minutes for the eggs to cook. You don’t want them to be completely hard, if they are done coming out of the pan they will be overdone on the plate. Serve with some chives and a tiny sprinkle of crumbled feta.
- girliegrrrl: two scrambled eggs with about an ounce of goat cheese and either sausage or bacon
- ProfessorFoo: I make an omelet almost every day. Just pour some olive oil on a pan, add your favorite ingredients (I use ham, onions, and mushrooms), and put it on medium heat on your stove. Put a tablespoon of butter on a second pan on medium heat and scramble some eggs in a bowl while the butter melts (I use 4 eggs with a tiny bit of milk and I simply use a fork to scramble it). Pour the eggs onto the pan with butter, and after the eggs are mostly settled add some cheese and pour the ingredients in the first pan onto it (they usually finish at just about the right time for me). Slide it off and it’s good to eat.
- advocatel: My usual breakfast is 2 eggs and 1 chicken sausage. I have it very frequently, but in all different ways. Sometimes it’s a scramble, frittata, sunny side up, soft boiled, etc etc. My usual breakfast looks something like this.
- the_glass_gecko: I love eggs. Scrambled eggs with toast, fried eggs on toast, breakfast burritos… yum. Incredible edible egg.
- humB: For breakfast I usually make a breakfast scramble with some “southwestern” egg substitute (it has peppers in it about is 30 cal per 1/4 cup, I use half cup) and a morningstar veggie sausage patty (80 cal). Add some onions and a little cheese if I’ve allotted for it and you’re good to go!
- Riotious: Recently I’ve been eating a scrambled egg with lots of tuna mixed in so its almost like a tuna pancake.
- scrimrot: Ramsey’s scrambled eggs and bacon.
- : 2 eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 piece of fruit. Coffee with almond milk and truvia.
- : My usual breakfast is something like “two or three fried eggs, hopefully some bacon.”
- katiekatums: My favorite scramble is about 1/4 cup garlic sauteed onions (early in the week, I dice a large onion and sautee it in a teaspoon of olive oil with about a tablespoon of minced garlic, then I store it and use a little bit each morning), 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms (canned, low sodium), 1/4 cup spinach (canned, low sodium), heated in a pan. Then I mix in 2/3 cup of egg beaters egg whites. Last minute I add a ripped up slice of swiss cheese. Full scramble is about 250 cals, 25 g protein.
- Duals902: blueberries, Greek yogurt (plain), and granola
- girliegrrrl: greek yogurt with some kind of berry and either sausage or bacon
- the_glass_gecko: Plain nonfat yogurt with granola and fresh fruit – go easy on the granola, or get one that’s mildly sweetened. Bonus if you make your own granola, yum!
- the_glass_gecko: Oatmeal doctored up with any of the following: brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove powder, dried fruit (cranberries, raisins), fresh fruit (bananas, peaches, berries), nuts (walnuts, mac nuts, almonds, pecans), seeds (pumpkin, sunflower) – be creative! Essentially I use the oatmeal as a glue to hold together the goodness.
- JosephLeo: Fruit Cup in 100% Juice & Coffee – 100 Calories. Buy some fruit cups that instead of being soaked in syrup are soaked in their own juice! They taste better, have less calories and are probably healthier. Also, Coffee with 4tbsp of fat free creamer and 2 stevia sugars. :F
- JosephLeo: Apples, Bananas and Yoghurt – 250 Calories. I love apples and bananas with a vanilla yoghurt dip for breakfast, it’s has grown to become one of my favorite flavors. My apple of choice is Gala apples.
- yoplait fat free yogurt is almost always what i go for with a piece of toast or fruit.
- I eat plain yogurt (127 cals) with fruit (100 cals) and flax seeds (117 cals) and a cup of coffee with milk (22 cals). Total 366 cals
- Katvagrant: Oat and Walnut Pancakes (coming soon!)
- the_glass_gecko: Nature’s Path frozen waffles with some almond butter (or cashew, or peanut), maple syrup, and cinnamon on top.
- nanochic: Apple Pancakes and Syrup (serves 3 people)Cut up apple into small chunks. Microwave – 1 medium apple 1:00-1:30 on high. Take out and let cool. Make syrup then pancakes.Syrup 1 cup apple juice 1/2 cup sugar 1 tbsp corn starchHeat and mix, stir until lumps are gone While stirring, add: 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/8 tsp allspice Take off heat, cover, and sit Add 1 tsp apples to syrup When consistency is syruppy, it is donePancakes 1 egg 1 1/4 cup buttermilk 2 tbsp cooking oil 1 cup flour 1 tbsp sugar 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt
Mix everything together and either add extra flour or milk to get batter to correct consistency. Add apple slices last.
- the_glass_gecko: Nature’s Path Peanut Butter Panda Puffs (my favorite cereal) – I’m currently enjoying it with rice milk (you could use soy, almond, coconut, or hemp) and if you measure your portions it’s like a 200 calorie meal.
- JosephLeo: Rice Crispies & Banana – 400 Calories. Did you know that 1 cup of rice crispies only has 100 calories? I like to take two cups because it makes for a great breakfast with some banana slices and of course skim milk. Oh, and it’s very, very filling for only 400 calories.
- : my breakfast normally consist some cereal, normally cheerios, skim milk, then half a sandwich of some beanut butter and some honey, along with some fruit.
- katiekatums: I usually go for a serving of cereal, a half of a grapefruit, and 1 serving of low-fat cottage cheese. My go-to cereals are Kashi Warm Cinnamon Oat cereal and Kashi GoLean. And I use 1/4 cup of Silk unsweetened soymilk on the cereal. Full meal is 250-280 cals depending on the cereal.
- the_glass_gecko: Ezekiel sprouted grain cinnamon raisin english muffin with cream cheese, sprinkled with chia seeds and cinnamon (240 calories).
- the_glass_gecko: Those whole grain bagel thins with cream cheese, basil, tomato, and pepper
- Feckless: take Knäckebrot, add cheese and some burger sauce….sounds sad but tastes ok. Mostly no carbs.
- Riotious: My ultimate favourite is fresh avocado spread thickly on wholegrain toast (preferably Vogel’s) with sliced tomato and lots of freshly ground pepper.
- english muffin with whipped cream cheese (so much better than regular for so many reasons) with fruit